For those getting ready to sell, it may comfort you to know that there are some factors that are under your control that can have a great influence on how quickly — and how successfully — you sell your home. You can make major changes in a short amount of time when it comes to your home’s design, condition, and staging. As a realtor I have created a checklist to get your home Ready to sell and encourage everyone to use it!
1. Make it inviting: Open blinds or curtains to let the light in, replace any burnt out lightbulbs, add plugins to a few rooms
2. Declutter home: Pack up all non-essential belongings
3. Freshen up: clean up any scuffs, clean carpets, and fix anything that’s broken
4. Show it’s cared for: Clean all vents, baseboards, vacuum, mop, and sweep
5. Organize all rooms: Organize countertops, closets, cabinets, and take down all personal photos/items
6. Boost Curb Appeal: Powerwash outdoor surfaces, tidy up the landscaping, and get rid of any yard debris